Who we are:
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. At Vital Voices, we believe, and we are proving, that investing in women improves the world. Our network of 15,000 women leaders is growing everyday across the world.
Where you fit in:
Are you someone that loves to empower people with technology? As CTO, you will be leading the agile technology strategy, roadmap, and execution to fuel Vital Voices and its Network. You will help Vital Voices drive the empowerment of the Vital Voices Network and team through technology, tools, data, and analytics infrastructure. You will also lead efforts in structuring technical architecture for scaled collaboration. One of the goals for Vital Voices is to modernize both the Vital Voices network and internal team’s technology infrastructure. The CTO will work in deep collaboration with Vital Voices Executive Management to integrate strategic technologies to drive the mission of Vital Voices.
You will enable ways for the phenomenal women in our network to connect with each other better. You will use technology to create an educational and entrepreneurial support through an online learning environment and create ways to digitally provide programs to the thousands of women in the VV Network. In addition, you will analyze the organization’s current use of existing technology and suggest how Vital Voices can revolutionize ways to use technology to reach more women and attract more donors. You will identify and recommend technology opportunities that will result in organizational and team efficiencies and champion digital innovation for programs, products, services, including developer and partner programs.
- Passionate about using technology for a social impact: you are driven by the mission and the impact you work can have on the world.
- Self-starter, pro-active, and innovative leader: you are a strategic thinker but at the same time, you are not afraid to be hands-on to make things happen: you can build a strategic roadmap and also code a quick tool using APIs to facilitate data analysis.
- Data driven and focused on results
- A Technology enthusiast passionate about integrating technologies: you like to explore, leverage and integrate existing technologies through APIs, OpenSource or other simple integrations.
- High energy with a passion for relationship building: you are an emphatic listener who can turn the problems you are hearing into opportunities and solutions.
- Outstanding at follow-up and planning ability
You Have Experience in some of the following environments or roles:
- Product Manager or Tech Leader in a company developing technology or heavily based on technology
- CTO for nonprofit or non-tech company
- Working in a fast-paced organization (startup is a plus) with limited budget
- Working in the field of E-learning or technology for education
- Modernizing an organizations technology infrastructure
- Leading teams and empowering them with technology & innovation
- Developing software for mission driven projects or non-profits
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.