Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices seeks a Development Manager to work closely with the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Engagement, the President/CEO, and other members of the development team to support account management of all existing grants with corporations, US and foreign governments, support the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships and the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships in identifying and prioritizing new engagement opportunities, and facilitate knowledge management of proposals and program collateral.
The Manager will have demonstrated leadership and management abilities and be adept at balancing internal management with external impact and visibility, and building supportive and collaborative relationships with program staff.
This is a unique opportunity to further shape and lead the vision for the organization’s growth and development strategy. The Manager will play a key role in proposal management and grant stewardship and will be critical to the overall success of the Strategic Partnerships and Engagement Department.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage overall proposal effort, including researching and prospecting new opportunities
- Engage domestic and international partners, which complement Vital Voices capabilities in order to increase competitiveness of applications.
- Coordinate with finance department to review proposal budget and budget note templates, and adapt for different donor requirements.
- Ensure that final proposals address donor requirements and reflect Vital Voices principles.
- Standardizing proposal systems and processes.
- Coordinate actively with the Senior Manager in researching opportunities, building donor relationships, and positioning Vital Voices for future business.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of donor environment to identify donors most likely to fund future Vital Voices initiatives; use findings to contribute to development of regional and technical program development strategies.
- Attend meetings and external events to build relationships with donors and implementers, market Vital Voices, and identify relevant trends and opportunities.
We are seeking a strong, high-energy, organized professional with a creative, entrepreneurial spirit to support this dynamic, fast-paced organization that reaches out to women across the globe. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, inter-personal, written and communication skills, and will be dedicated, detail-oriented, and excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing non-profit.
The Manager will be a key member of a growing team tasked with development, outreach and engagement, and events. The ideal candidate will have initiative, a strong work ethic, patience under pressure and a passion for the projects that Vital Voices supports.
Primary qualifications include:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience fundraising, proposal writing and nonprofit development
- Successful track record in short and long-term strategic planning and implementation
- Successful track record in researching proposal opportunities, writing letters of inquiries and proposals, and stewarding the process.
- Ability to think creatively and make strategic adjustments to workplans in order to achieve stated goals
- Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across teams
- Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments
- Ability to build successful partnerships and negotiate effective agreements
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and strong database management skills – Salesforce experience considered a plus.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
How to Apply:
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- A writing sample
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.