Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally. At Vital Voices we believe, and we are proving, that investing in women improves the world.
Vital Voices seeks a Manager of Grants and Major Donors to work closely with the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships & Engagement, the President/CEO, and other members of the development team to support account management of all existing grants with corporations, US and foreign governments, support the Senior Manager of Strategic Partnerships and the Vice President of Strategic Partnerships in identifying and prioritizing new engagement opportunities, and facilitate knowledge management of proposals and program collateral.
The Manager will have demonstrated leadership and management abilities and be adept at balancing internal management with external impact and visibility, and building supportive and collaborative relationships with program staff. This is a unique opportunity to further shape and lead the vision for the organization’s growth and development strategy. The Manager will play a key role in proposal management and grant stewardship and will be critical to the overall success of the Strategic Partnerships and Engagement Department.
Grants and Foundations
· Manage overall grant effort, including researching and prospecting new opportunities
· Engage domestic and international partners which complement Vital Voices capabilities in order to increase competitiveness of applications
· Coordinate with finance department to review proposal budget and budget note templates, and adapt for different donor requirements
· Ensure that final proposals address donor requirements and reflect Vital Voices principles
· Coordinate actively with the Senior Manager in researching opportunities, building donor relationships, and positioning Vital Voices for future business
· Conduct ongoing assessment of donor environment to identify donors most likely to fund future Vital Voices initiatives; use findings to contribute to development of regional and technical program development strategies
· Attend meetings and external events to build relationships with donors and implementers, market Vital Voices, and identify relevant trends and opportunities
Facilitate knowledge management
· Work with internal teams to develop capacity statements detailing current programs
· Collaborate with fundraising team to create standard language around Vital Voices core competencies for use in proposals, concept papers and other marketing documents
· Integrate language on Vital Voices standard indicators into all proposals and ensure sufficient funds for monitoring and evaluation are budgeted into programs
We are seeking a strong, high-energy, organized professional with a creative, entrepreneurial spirit to support this dynamic, fast-paced organization that reaches out to women across the globe. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, inter-personal, written and communication skills, and will be dedicated, detail-oriented, and excited about working in a fast-paced, rapidly growing non-profit.
The Manager will be a key member of a growing team tasked with development, outreach and engagement, and events. The ideal candidate will have initiative, a strong work ethic, patience under pressure and a passion for the projects that Vital Voices supports.
Primary qualifications include:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience in grant management, proposal writing and nonprofit development
· Successful track record in short and long-term strategic planning and implementation
· Successful track record in researching grant opportunities, writing letters of inquiries and proposals, and stewarding grant management processes.
· Ability to think creatively and make strategic adjustments to workplans in order to achieve stated goals
· Exceptional time management, project management, and organizational skills
· Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work independently, as part of a team, and across teams
· Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments
· Ability to build successful partnerships and negotiate effective agreements
· Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and strong database management skills – Salesforce experience considered a plus.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
● Resume & Cover Letter
● Three references with contact information
● Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.