Vital Voices Global Partnership, a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation. Through our Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship (EEE) work, VVGP invests in women business leaders globally to strengthen their decision-making power, grow their businesses, and ultimately increase their positive impact on society. Our current portfolio of EEE programs provide individualized technical assistance, business and leadership training, and support in building strategic partnerships, expanding access to networks and influencing stakeholders to address the gaps in women’s economic engagement around the world.
Working closely with the Senior Program Coordinator, the Program Assistant will work on two programs: WEEmpower UN SDG Challenge and Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program.
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge is a unique global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to act to create the world we want by 2030. The WE Empower Challenge honors five women entrepreneurs, one from each of the five UN regions, who are advancing the SDGs through their business practices. The opportunity recognizes their innovative work, provides capacity-building training sessions and high-level advocacy opportunities to the awardees, and ignites awareness about the valuable contribution women entrepreneurs can make toward the SDGs.
The Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women's Mentoring Partnership is a public-private partnership between Fortune Most Powerful Women, the U.S. Department of State and Vital Voices Global Partnership. The program draws on the expertise of America’s most accomplished leaders to enhance the business and leadership skills of international women professionals and consists of a three-week domestic mentorship program and four-day international follow-up program.
- Providing logistical, administrative and programmatic support for programs and events internationally and domestically. This includes staff and participant logistics such as booking flights, securing hotel rooms and assisting with visa applications. Liaising with partner organization events staff to coordinate in-country logistics and vendors.
- Coordinate arrangements with vendors, such as ground transportation, tour companies and restaurants
- Support execution of both programs i.e.
- the Fortune - U.S. Department of State Global Women’s Mentoring Program in the United States and abroad
- The WEEmpower program in the United States
- Take comprehensive notes and photos during the programs, and utilize social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, to document the experience
- Assist with application design, dissemination and assessment for the WEEmpower program Assist with scheduling, developing, recording and sharing pre-program webinars
- Serving as a point of contact for participants, staff and consultants leading up to, during and after each program
- Develop, edit and disseminate essential programmatic and logistical briefing materials
- Assisting with Monitoring and Evaluation, as well as reporting on programmatic successes
- Managing daily financial and administrative tasks
- Maintaining communication with alumnae via email and social media, and assisting with the coordination of communications materials for social media, newsletters, website and printed documents
- Assisting with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems and processes for the team
- Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to prepare and process invoices, expense reports, and track budgets
- Assisting with the facilitation of the EEE team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures
- Providing support to local partners through monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration
- Other related duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in related field with strong interest in women's economic empowerment
- High-energy, dedicated, and excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with proven ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, and as part of a dynamic team, and manage your time, with a commitment to seeing a project through to successful completion
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate with program donors
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Basic monitoring and evaluation knowledge and experience a plus
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- Positive attitude
- Passion for women’s leadership
- A people-person who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- Appetite for learning and growth
- Must be able to travel within the United States and internationally. All travel and business-related expenses will be paid by Vital Voices.
- 1-2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.