Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
The Leadership and Global Activation (LGA) Department develops tailored strategies for Vital Voices’ most established leaders to enable them to achieve their bold and innovative visions for changing their communities and countries through the VV100 Initiative. The team also works to activate and engage the entire Vital Voices Global Leadership Network, a group of all past and present participants in Vital Voices training programs, conferences, and events. In addition, the Leadership and Global Activation team oversees Vital Voices’ signature girls’ leadership training program, HERLead.
The Program Manager works closely with the LGA Vice President to create and implement strategies to provide individual, tailored support to participants in the initiative. The Program Manager also supports all initiatives and programming within the LGA department, including the VV100 Initiative and the Vital Voices Global Leadership Awards Honoree Program.
- Serve as Vital Voices point of contact for participants in the VV100 Initiative, building relationships with diverse women leaders, providing strategic advice, facilitating connections, identifying opportunities to increase their visibility, and helping identify a range of opportunities for the organization to support their efforts.
- Manage the VV100 Initiative portfolio, including individualized strategic investment in VV100 network members, planning and execution of virtual and in-person programming, support of Vital Voices Network Leaders, and oversight of the investment portfolio
- Partner with a select group of VV100 leaders to develop and implement individual action plans for achieving their top priorities for their work
- Manage the budget for the VV100 Initiative portfolio, as well as other initiatives within the LGA department
- Evaluate and communicate program impact, including writing reports, creating surveys, and drafting other content as needed for reports and marketing materials
- Provide general programmatic leadership and support for the LGA department. This includes overseeing programmatic and logistical aspects of all VV100 programming.
- Provide social media support and training to participants in the VV100 Initiative as needed
- Manage the Program Assistant in the LGA department, which includes conducting regular employee reviews, assigning tasks, providing feedback and mentorship
- Manage select capacity building opportunities and trainings for women in the VV100 Initiative
- Oversee select sub-grants within the LGA Investment Portfolio. This includes collaborating with Vital Voices staff and external partners to select grant recipients, working with grantees to prepare to receive sub-grants, and ensure grants have proper compliance with sub-grant policies, procedures and reporting requirements.
- Develop tools and materials for integrating the Vital Voices Leadership Model into programming across the organization, and facilitate Leadership Model trainings to Vital Voices program participants.
- Draft proposals to fund LGA department initiatives in collaboration with the Vice President and other key staff at Vital Voices
- Collaborate on the design and implementation of the Honoree Program, including coordinating capacity building trainings, targeted private meetings, and visibility opportunities for the honorees during and after their time in Washington, D.C.
- Support the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework to measure the impact of the VV100 Initiative. Use lessons learned from piloting the framework to strengthen the individual support offered through the VV100 Initiative.
- Assign tasks and provide feedback to team interns (3-4 per semester)
- 5 years of experience in the non-profit field, event planning and/or programmatic experience in the international development or women’s empowerment field
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s a plus
- Experience designing and implementing leadership trainings and programs for women
- Top-notch relationship management skills; able to building trust and maintain long-term relationships. Must be able to work professionally and effectively with high level partners and sponsors who participate in the program.
- Technological savvy; facility with online application systems, web content management systems, expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, database management, and Salesforce a plus
- Events execution experience; previous experience organizing conferences, events, programs or trainings
- Communications know-how; excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills, including dexterity with social media content development and strategy. Experience in online community engagement and social media for cause marketing a big plus.
- Strong project management skills; experience overseeing complex projects, strong organizational and administrative skills with an innate attention to detail
- Strong research and analytical skills, a plus
- Some travel may be required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Strong work ethic with exceptional organizational skills and an eye for details
- Passion for girls’ and women’s leadership
- A people-person who values building and maintaining relationships with diverse groups
- High-energy, dedicated and excited about working in a dynamic, fast-paced nonprofit organization
- Appetite for learning and change
- Propensity to collaborate as part of a dynamic team while also able to self-start, take initiative and work independently
- Ability to prioritize tasks and respond flexibly to unanticipated requests and assignments
- Take initiative on programs and serve as a leader on the LGA team
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, D.C. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.