Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization
committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and
tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs,
leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity
and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
The Senior Coordinator works with the PCE Vice President in implementing the department’s
strategic plan, goals, programs, convenings, advocacy initiatives and events. The Senior
Coordinator will coordinate the collaborative creation and implementation of departmental
strategies to provide individual, tailored-support to political fellows and alumni of VVEngage, a
VV signature fellowship. The position also supports initiatives and programming within the PCE
department and larger VV programming when called upon to do so.
Supervise junior staff and interns to include conducting regular performance reviews, assigning tasks, providing feedback and mentorship.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as point of contact for participants in the VVEngage fellowship, building working relationships with diverse global women leaders;
- Financial Management: Draft program budgets, update forecasts, and input project spending. Work with Finance team to process all invoices and expense reports for department;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Work with MEL team to evaluate and communicate program impact to include report writing and content drafting as needed. Use lessons learned from piloting the framework to strengthen the individual support offered to fellows;
- Team Management: Model leadership standards for junior team members to reach shared departmental goals and objectives.
- Business development: In collaboration with Vice President, draft proposals for new and continued funding, including research, contributing to concept and design development, proposing budgets and more to increase programmatic and funding opportunities for PCE in the public leadership space
- Budget and implement new and existing programs and/or advocacy initiatives for the training of women public leaders tied to department goals.
- Identify opportunities for the fellows, facilitate connections and track participant journeys to increase visibility and identify additional opportunities for the organization to support participant efforts in the public space;
- Manage all logistical aspects of PCE programming;
- Manage the PCE portfolio to include planning and execution of virtual and in-person programming and oversight of the investment portfolio
- In consultation with the Tech Department/Club decide on the tech platforms/mediums to be used for the design and implementation of the webinars and learning materials and lead training for department in use of tools.
- Communications/Marketing: In collaboration with the DevComm team, increase brand awareness of PCE to include development of program descriptions for website and other print or electronic media. Monitor social media activity of the fellows/alumni related to VV and VVEngage.
- Develop tools and materials for integrating the Vital Voices Leadership Model into VVEngage programming, curriculum and into the personal narrative of the fellows.
- Identify and maintain a pool of global trainers with global lived and worked experience to implement the VVEngage curriculum.
- Support Vice President in development and implementation of a strategy to build a coalition of like-minded partners in the women’s public leadership space.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Able to build trust, identify women leaders from non-dominant groups and encourage authenticity in public leadership,
- A deep understanding of varying political systems and social-contexts that encourage and impede women’s political participation.
- Able to build and maintain long-term relationships and partnerships that recognize and respect difference and diversity.
- Handle high-level partners and sponsors who participate in VV programs.
- Able to self-start, take initiative and work independently within a multicultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to include comfort communicating with individuals for whom English is not their first language.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and research skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to oversee the planning and execution of events and trainings.
- Dexterity with social media content development and strategy. Experience in online community engagement and social media with consistent messaging.
- Strong project management skills;
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in political science/ women and gender studies/ international relations/global studies or related field required; Master’s degree highly preferred
- At least 5 years of experience required in the design, implementation and evaluation of women’s leadership programming/ political capacity-building/international women’s empowerment programs/ political campaign/ strategy/research.
- Knowledge of Salesforce and Microsoft Dynamics GP strongly preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 10 pounds at times
- Some local and international travel
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not
provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company
has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/csxg
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
• Cover Letter
• Salary expectations
• Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO
CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.