Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization
committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and
tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs,
leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity
and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
The Strategic Partnerships and Engagement team seeks a talented professional with strong
writing, digital communications, social media management and creative content production
skills for the position of Digital Communications Coordinator. The Digital Communications
Coordinator will oversee Vital Voices’ external channels including our social media platforms,
website and creative content production such as videos, photo editing and podcast editing
and publication. The team seeks a dynamic, entrepreneurial self-starter with keen attention to
detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment to support Vital Voices’ online
communications and brand as we take the organization to the next level. This position reports
to the Senior Communications manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- In support of the Senior Communications Manager, work across departments to implement a strategic communications agenda that advances Vital Voices’ goals and activities across a range of regional and issue-area programs, events, partnerships and branded intellectual property
- Social Media Channel Management: Manage day to day activity on the Vital Voices social media channels including, but not limited to, proactive content drafting, planning and scheduling and reactive community management on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn; staying on top of social media algorithm changes and trends and recommend strategic campaigns to amplify engagement and reach. Work with internal Vital Voices teams to amplify program and women leaders’ efforts across channels.
- Online Property Reporting and Analytics: Prepare regular analytics reports with data on online channel performance, leveraging all available looks include Twitter Analytics, Google Analytics, Meltwater platform and other data. Analyze findings and assess content behaviors; implement findings and adjustments to maximize audience growth, reach and engagement.
- Content Creation and Management: Leverage Adobe Creative Suite and Canva to create graphic content for Vital Voices and related efforts including, but not limited to, infographics, quote cards, social media tiles and graphics for website. Manage, coordinate and connect staff with Vital Voices’ photo and photo archive through iCloud and Dropbox. Manage in-house creative content production (such as staff headshots) and housing and rental of equipment including podcast kit, digital camera and other communications equipment.
- Podcast Development and Editing: Cut, edit and publish the Vital Voices podcast using Adobe Audacity editing suite and publishing across Libsyn and Simplecast. Manage interviews once scheduled, develop social media content to amplify episodes and write titles and descriptions for each episode.
- Website Maintenance: Work with Wordpress platform to update imagery, content, bios and listings on the Vital Voices website to ensure all pages are up-to-date with accurate information. Leverage Google Analytics learnings to edit and optimize page offerings, cull through content to increase SEO. Coordinate with Administrative and program teams to ensure updates are accurate and timely.
- Communications Support for Organization: Work with Senior Communications
- Manager to ensure communications for the organization are provided and strategically implemented. Amplify organization efforts by preparing communications toolkits for programs to market their applications and work. Prepare the weekly internal newsletter for the organization.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Required Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years of experience working in communications or representing organization/company through social media
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in social media content drafting and platform management including on
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn etc., and analytics tools to track social networking data, such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Experience with social media publishing, scheduling and content drafting platforms like Hootsuite preferred
- Experience producing social media content and communications support for live events preferred
- Experience using common website content management systems such as WordPress
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Audacity, Lightroom) preferred
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Great sense of humor, flexibility, team player and multitasker
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices’ mission and values.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not
provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company
has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic
information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’
employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/csxj
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
• Cover Letter
• Writing Sample
• Salary expectations
• Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO
CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.