Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization committed to working with women throughout the world to provide them with the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices seeks a talented individual to fill the role of Temporary Executive Assistant to the President & CEO. The Executive Assistant will report directly to the CEO. As Executive Assistant to the CEO, he/she is responsible for assisting the CEO with scheduling, drafting and editing correspondence, coordinating travel, carrying out research, and serving as the Liaison to the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate must be organized, detail-oriented and capable of exercising prudent judgment, maintain confidentiality at all times, able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle many projects at once. Strong writing, editing, and oral communications skills are required. The position will begin late September 2020 and end mid-January 2021.
Executive Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule all internal and external meetings and prepare materials, attend and coordinate strategic follow up for external meetings
- Support the President & CEO and COO to carry out the three-year strategic plan
- Coordinate and support special projects and initiatives that are of particular focus and priority to the CEO, such as the Vital Voices annual Global Leadership Awards
- Manage CEO’s expenses and plan yearly budget
- Arrange & manage all domestic and international travel and lodging; booking (air, hotel, and ground transportation) and resolve all logistical travel issues, prior to and during travel
- Serve as Liaison to the Vital Voices Board of Directors, which includes preparing meeting agendas and supporting materials for distribution, ensuring the timely distribution of materials to the board, taking minutes of board meetings, and supporting the board with meeting, travel, and other arrangements
- Manage CEO’s communications including taking calls, logging messages, and responding to general inquiries
- Serve as point person for tracking and working with CEO and across organization to coordinate Vital Voices’ responses to current global women’s issues and trends
- Research and synthesizing news on global women’s issues to support CEO communications
- Manage scheduling for CEO, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, and other CEO logistics
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management
- Manage intern support
- Make administrative decisions by exercising frequent independent judgement and take action on behalf of the CEO based upon an in depth knowledge of the organization, policies, issues, external constituents, and personnel
- Respond to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner and screen and prioritize incoming and outgoing telephone calls and electronic communication
- Maintains a high degree of discretion, ethics, and integrity
- Track and help drive completion of key deliverables and following up on outstanding items
- Act as a liaison for direct reports
- Update team organizational charts
- Manage & perform various personal tasks and errands
- Track news, media and events around women’s issues and global events
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor Degree is required
- At least three to five years in an office environment assisting high level executives
- Ability to conduct administrative and managerial duties with superior judgment, professionalism, poise, the highest level of confidentiality, and assertiveness
- Highly organized, efficient, and extremely detail oriented
- Ability to assess problem situations, identify causes, and generate solutions and recommendations to resolve problems
- Must be a collaborative team player with great initiative
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively and effectively with others
- Must be intuitive, able to anticipate needs and develop options
- Demonstrated interest in international women’s issues and/or other related human rights issues with a strong commitment to Vital Voices’ mission
- Excellent oral and written communications as well as strong editing skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and swiftly shift priorities
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment, including computers (Mac and PC), voice messaging systems, blackberries, copiers, and fax machines
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs: word processing, PowerPoint, databases, spreadsheets, e-mail, and proven Internet research skills
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. The position is available late-September 2020 – mid-January 2021.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Follow this link: https://jobso.id/cz9i
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis