Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Women, Peace and Security Consultant.
Summary: Vital Voices’ Human Rights team is seeking an experienced Women, Peace, and Security (WPS) expert to support the development and implementation of a multi-generational and cross-sectoral fellowship program for women leaders in Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo, and Serbia. The Intergenerational Fellowship on Women, Peace and Security in South Central Europe will provide structured support, training, and peer mentorship for Peace Fellows in order to advance national and regional efforts towards the WPS agenda through their work on gender-based violence (GBV), particularly, though not exclusively, wartime sexual GBV. The WPS Consultant will advise Vital Voices(VV) staff on programmatic elements such as participant selection, needs assessment, and curriculum development, as well as provide additional program support for participating fellows and their respective networks. The work location for this position will be remote, with potential travel to in-person engagements in Spring and Fall 2021. This is a temporary position. The start date for this position is immediate and the consultancy will likely run through March 31, 2022.
- Provide Vital Voices staff with advice and technical guidance on incorporating WPS best practices and benchmarks into program planning and activities.
- Prepare analytical reports, briefing notes, background papers, summaries, talking points and other materials as requested.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge products and other materials to inform Vital Voices staff and fellows, and to disseminate to stakeholders.
- Participate in calls with fellows from the four target countries to provide support from January 2021 – February 2022, as needed.
- Contribute to the planning and facilitation of virtual and in-person training events in the four target countries, along with other expert consultants and Vital Voices Human Rights staff.
- Liaise with the Vital Voices team in the lead up to the program, as needed.
- Deep expertise in the area of Women, Peace, and Security. .
- Past experience working at the nexus of theory and practice in international settings, especially within the Balkans region.
- Past experience working with advocates, organizations and networks related to GBV is key.
- Past experience creating, co-creating, and/or facilitating virtual and in-person trainings for advocates.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and adapt program content to be applicable to various cultural contexts, with emphasis on working across ethnic groups in post-conflict settings.
- Ability to travel to Bosnia & Herzegovina and Croatia in April 2021, and Kosovo and Serbia in October 2021 (This will be dependent on the COVID-19 situation).
- Knowledge of the intersection of justice, inclusion, and security as it relates to the WPS agenda is a plus
- Preferred proficiency in one or more foreign languages, especially local languages in the Balkan region.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until 5:00 PM (EST) on Monday,
November 30 2020. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.