Position Title: Program Assistant, Human Rights
Reports to: Director, Global Community Impact & Inclusion
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Human Rights.
The Program Assistant for Human Rights will support the Human Rights team and provide administrative assistance for all of its programming, but will primarily focus on supporting Voices Against Violence Initiative: The GBV Global Initiative (VAV), particularly the global Urgent Assistance Program. The Program Assistant will provide regional and linguistic expertise on Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) and/ or Francophone Africa. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director, Global Community Impact & Inclusion.
- Provide support with program budgets, procurement requests and vendor contracts, particularly on the Urgent Assistance Program
- Provide support to the Compliance Specialist in tasks such as organizational and financial vetting of subawardees
- Provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for human rights initiatives, programs, advocacy initiatives, and events internationally and domestically;
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide Spanish and French language expertise and regional knowledge of Latin America & the Caribbean and/ or Francophone Africa for the Voices Against Violence program. This includes direct outreach to local partners, support with case management, written and verbal communications in Spanish and French, translation, interpretation and other related activities.
- Provide administrative support and assistance with vetting processes for the VAV Urgent Assistance Program;
- Help facilitate administrative and financial processes related to sub-contractors and grantees;
- Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, including by conducting funder research
- Assist with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems and processes for the human rights team;
- Maintain database of human rights participants, experts, partners, and vendors;
- Assemble communications materials for website and printed documents;
- Work with the Vital Voices Finance and Administration team to prepare and process invoices, credit card reconciliations, and expense reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes for the VAV Initiative;
- Provide support to local partners by monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration;
- Proofread, edit, and format program materials and donor reports, including ensuring materials are user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field REQUIRED;
- 1 – 2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work; REQUIRED
- Advanced proficiency language skills in Spanish AND French (including written and oral) REQUIRED;
- Strong organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail REQUIRED;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and cultural competence REQUIRED;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills REQUIRED;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. PowerPoint, Salesforce, SurveyGizmo, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence;
- Ability to effectively coordinate with program participants;
- Sound judgement, resourcefulness, and create problem-solving skills
- Experience living, studying and/or working abroad, either in the LAC region or Africa, preferred
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC (but will be remote until at least 09/2021). Once permitted, domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Click here to apply: https://jobso.id/dg13