Position Title: Program Assistant, Leadership & Global Activation
Reports To: Sr. Program Manager, Leadership & Global Activation
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Leadership & Global Activation.
Through our initiatives, the Leadership & Global Activation Department (LGA) provides leadership development programming for adolescents to some of the most highly established leaders in the United States and globally. The LGA Team is responsible for network engagement, connecting our network of 18,000 women leaders to collaborate, be advocates in their communities, ignite them as a global advocacy force through campaigns and global activations and tell their stories.
The Program Assistant for Leadership and Global Activation (LGA) will support the LGA team and provide administrative assistance in all of its programming and initiatives. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Sr. Program Manager, Leadership & Global Activation.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for LGA programs, campaigns, advocacy initiatives, and events;
- Provide administration and management of grants to women leaders in the Vital Voices Network;
- Assist with the preparation of program proposals, Network activation initiatives, campaigns, and thought leadership;
- Prepare and process procurement requests, invoices, and track budgets;
- Assist with the facilitation of the LGA team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor subject matter and policy discussions to inform Network engagement and advocacy initiatives;
- Support communication efforts for LGA programs and the Vital Voices Network via social media, monthly newsletters, and other media outlets;
- Provide administrative assistance, as needed, with scheduling, polling and special projects;
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field plus 1-2years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work
- Demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and/or gender equality, particularly women’s leadership
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
- Sound judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, database software (i.e. Salesforce) necessary. Strong skills using communications, monitoring and evaluation, and data visualization software also a plus (e.g. Canva, Tableau, Stata).
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines.
- Advanced professional proficiency (written & spoken) in Spanish and/or Portuguese is a plus.
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
How to Apply: Applicants from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references at: https://jobso.id/dg5j
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
Resume and Cover Letter
Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.