Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Program Assistant, Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Human Rights.
The MENA Program Assistant will support the Human Rights team and provide administrative assistance in all of its programming, but will primarily focus on supporting the Voices Against Violence Initiative, particularly the MENA Urgent Assistance Fund (UAF). The Program Assistant will also provide critical regional and linguistic expertise for the MENA region. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Program Coordinator, Middle East and North Africa, Human Rights.
· Provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for the Voices Against Violence Initiative including programs and events internationally and domestically;
· Provide linguistic and regional expertise and support for case management as a part of the Urgent Assistance Fund (UAF) including written and verbal communications with local partners in Arabic including, but not limited to translation, vetting, and related activities;
· Research and monitor subject matter and regional developments to inform decision-making and program strategy and implementation;
· Help facilitate administrative and financial processes related to sub-contractors and subaward recipients;
· Assist with the preparation of grant proposals, funder reports research, and budgeting;
· Provide administrative assistance, as needed, with scheduling, vendor management, polling and special projects;
· Assist with the creation and management of organizational tools, systems and processes for the Human Rights teams, including maintenance of a database for human rights participants, experts, partners, and vendors;
· Support the Finance team to prepare and process invoices, expense reports, and track budgets;
· Assist with the facilitation of the Human Rights team’s monitoring and evaluation procedures;
· Provide support to local partners through monitoring opportunities for engagement, and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration;
· Support communications for the GBV and human rights programs, particularly inquires related to the Voices Against Violence (VAV) Initiative, via social media, monthly newsletters, and other media outlets;
· Complete other related duties to support the Human Rights team as assigned related to the VAV Initiative.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field required;
· 1 – 2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work;
· Advanced professional proficiency (written & spoken) in Arabic REQUIRED;
· Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key;
· Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
· Excellent oral and written communications skills;
· Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence;
· Experience living, studying and/or working abroad preferred; Especially in the MENA region;
· Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail;
· Sound judgment, resourcefulness, and creative problem-solving skills;
· Demonstrated cultural sensitivity required;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines; and
· Strong organizational skills.
How to Apply: Applicants from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references at: https://jobso.id/dkm8
The Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. Applicants should note that Vital Voices is currently undertaking an organizational redesign and so certain aspects of the position described above are subject to change.