Reports to: VP People Operations
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership training and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity, and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long-term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Senior Manager, Recruitment will be responsible for attracting candidates for roles across all of Vital Voices. As the search for talent becomes more competitive this role will play a critical role in ensuring we find and hire the right talent to catalyze our impact. The Senior Manager, Recruitment takes charge of day-to-day recruiting in a lean environment, but also has the ability to see the big picture and improve upon our process, structure, and strategy. The Sr. Manager will serve as a thought leader across the organization to ensure our practices are reflective of best practices and emerging trends and to identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement with existing People Operations systems and processes. This position is based in Washington, DC (though it is currently remote during the global pandemic) and reports to the VP, People Operations
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build relationships with VV network, institutions, and partners to cultivate and deepen recruitment partnerships to attract high-quality, diverse talent to Vital Voices.
- Partner with the VP, People Operations to build out the recruiting function from a strategic perspective
- Partner with the communications team to develop creative media content across existing Vital Voices social media platforms and ensure that social media activities are aligned with strategy
- Maximize sourcing channels, networks, social media, university relations, career fairs, diversity pools, other talent pools
- Demonstrate a proactive customer service approach, meeting face-to-face with hiring managers and candidates
- Attend and participate in job fairs, open houses, and website recruitment
- Manage logistics for interview days, including preparation of interview materials and Scheduling, and coordinating interviews for open positions
- Screen candidates to evaluate qualifications or eligibility based on role requirements and Vital Voices’ culture add
- Create and revise job announcements in collaboration with the hiring manager
- Identify opportunities for outreach, and represent and promote Vital Voices through external events, tours, partnerships, and other opportunities
- Serve as a backup system administrator for transactional requests in Paylocity Vital Voices’ System (HRIS)
- Maintain all personnel files in compliance with federal, state, and audit guidelines in collaboration with People Operations Benefits Specialist
- Work with Finance and Admin Team to ensure a seamless recruiting and onboarding process for new hires
- Maintain all New Hire recruiting and onboarding spreadsheets in accordance with department policy
- Support Quarterly/Yearly analytical report of staff demographics and trends
- Support Yearly personnel file audits and ensuring all files are up-to-date
- Support the Vital Voices continuous improvement cycle, providing training to managers and employees around best practices related to recruitment and retention
- Complete verification of employment requests for current and former employees
- Facilitate employee exit interviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Entrepreneurial, and creative leader with the ability to innovate within a dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 3+ years of experience in progressively responsible recruiting roles
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude for critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision making
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
How to Apply: https://jobso.id/dpga
Click the following link:
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. No phone calls or recruiters, please.