Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental
organization committed to advancing women’s leadership in the areas of economic empowerment,
human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong attention to detail for the position of Temporary Program Assistant, Leadership & Global Activation, Voices that Inspire.
The Temporary Program Assistant for Leadership & Global Activation (LGA) will support the LGA team and provide administrative assistance for Rising Voices programming and general team support, but will primarily focus on supporting the Voices that Inspire Fellowship. The Program Assistant will provide regional and linguistic expertise on Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC). This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Senior Coordinator of Rising Voices.
- Provide logistical, administrative and programmatic support for Rising Voices programs, advocacy initiatives, and events internationally and domestically;
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide Spanish expertise and regional knowledge of Latin America & the Caribbean to the Voices that Inspire program. This includes direct outreach to local partners, support with programs, written and verbal communications in Spanish, translation, interpretation and other related activities.
- Provide administrative support and assistance with Voices that Inspire grants.
- Maintain database of LGA participants, experts, partners, and vendors;
- Assemble communications materials for the website and printed documents;
- Work with the Vital Voices Finance and Administration team to prepare and process invoices, credit card reconciliations, and expense reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation processes for Voices that Inspire;
- Provide support to participants by monitoring opportunities for engagement and liaising with other Vital Voices staff to ensure collaboration;
- Proofread, edit, and format program materials and donor reports, including ensuring materials are user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field REQUIRED;
- 1 – 2 years of work or internship experience, especially international or non-profit work; REQUIRED
- Advanced proficiency language skills in Spanish (including written and oral) REQUIRED;
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency language skills in Portuguese preferred;
- Strong organizational skills, and exceptional attention to detail REQUIRED;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and cultural competence REQUIRED;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and the issues facing young women and girls in the LAC region;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (i.e. PowerPoint, Salesforce, SurveyGizmo, etc.);
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to effectively coordinate with program participants;
- Sound judgement, resourcefulness, and create problem-solving skills
- Experience living, studying and/or working abroad, in the LAC region, preferred
The Temporary Program Assistant position is a full-time, non-exempt position that will be remote
through December 31, 2021. Once permitted, domestic and international travel up to 15% may be
required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position. The contract for this position will end on December 31, 2021.
How to Apply: Applicants from historically marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references at: https://jobso.id/dpjk