Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong program implementation and case management skills for the position of Program Coordinator with regional expertise in Asia.
The Program Coordinator will support programming in the Human Rights Department, which may include, but is not limited to, providing case management support to the Urgent Assistance Program within the Voices Against Violence Initiative, programs directed at implementing projects designed to provide services to survivors of gender based violence (GBV), and other programs in Asia as assigned. The Program Coordinator position requires demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams departmentally and organizationally as needed. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Program Manager for Urgent Assistance Funds on the Human Rights team.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Case Management: Provide gender-based violence case management support for the urgent assistance fund through the Voices Against Violence Initiative.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally, domestically, and virtually.
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Apply linguistic and regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners, especially from Asia.
- Reporting: Contribute to semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring and evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Financial Management: Draft program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Human Rights programs.
- Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Sub-Grantee Management: Contribute to the management of sub-grantees, which includes, but is not limited to, reviewing and supporting the process of establishing and revising subaward project proposals, drafting and reviewing budgets, updating and disseminating templates for program and financial reports to sub-grantees, and requesting and reviewing sub-grantee reports.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations, technological support, participant tracking, and development of agendas, content, and materials for in-person and virtual events for international settings.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly the elimination of gender-based violence REQUIRED;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Advanced language proficiency in Dari, Urdu, and/or Hindi preferred;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the South Asia region preferred;
- Experience with database management and gender-based violence case management preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
- This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/ds6c
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
● Resume and cover letter
● Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted