Position Title: Program Coordinator, Latin America & Africa, Network, Grants and Regions
Reports to: Program Manager, Network, Grants and Regions
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org), a leading international non-governmental organization committed to advancing women's leadership in the areas of economic empowerment, human rights, and political participation, seeks a talented professional with strong program development and implementation skills for the position of Program Coordinator for Latin America and Africa.
The Program Coordinator will support the Voices Against Violence Initiative. The Program Coordinator will also provide regional and linguistic expertise for the Network, Grants and Regions Department’s programs and support the projects in Latin America and Africa. You will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences. The Program Coordinator’s work will include cross-team collaboration. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Program Manager, Network, Grants and Regions.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content, and materials for events internationally and domestically.
- Linguistic and Regional Expertise: Provide linguistic and regional expertise for Latin America & Africa for programs aimed at eliminating gender-based violence.
- Reporting: Draft semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring & evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Support the management of sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Working with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Communications: Create 1-pagers, concept notes, narratives, and other communications documents for the department and specific programs. Develop and edit program descriptions on VV website and other print or electronic media.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Case management: Provide case management support for the emergency assistance fund through the Voices Against Violence Initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required.
- Advanced language proficiency in Spanish and French, REQUIRED;
- Demonstrated experience working on USG grants or cooperative agreements, such as US State Department or USAID grants, including directly liaising as the point of contact with federal funders REQUIRED;
- Grant or subaward management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees ; experience with financial and deliverable tracking of grants and subawards; and close out of grants; REQUIRED
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills; REQUIRED
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions; REQUIRED
- Meticulous attention to detail; REQUIRED
- Experience with database management and case management preferred;
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce preferred;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the Latin America and/ or Africa region;
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues and human rights, particularly gender-based violence;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skill
The Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC, however this position will remain remote, in the U.S. until the end of the year. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
To apply: Please include a letter of interest, resume, and three references with complete contact in the Jobsoid application site at the following link: https://jobso.id/dt9v
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
NO CALLS PLEASE. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.