Position Title: Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to support our Chief Development Officer in building a robust fundraising and revenue-generating strategy – to include regional major giving, corporate and foundation giving, and planned giving campaigns.
Vital Voices is seeking a Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships to join the Vital Voices’ team. Reporting to the Chief Development Officer the Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships will work closely with the CDO and CEO to develop and refine Vital Voices corporate fundraising strategy. The Senior Director, Strategic Partnerships will be a driving force behind Vital Voices corporate fundraising efforts to achieve our annual contributed income goals from individuals, and corporations. Leveraging Vital Voices' brand visibility and network of 18,000 women leaders across the globe, the Senior Director, will effectively identify, cultivate, and manage corporate relationships to support our efforts. Further, the Senior Director will build the advisory and engagement revenue stream model for Vital Voices long-term sustainable impact.
- Commitment to Equity: Model the Vital Voices commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ and women employees and network.
- Strategy: Collaborate with the CEO, CDO, and other senior leadership team members to develop and implement a comprehensive corporate fundraising and growth strategy.
- Corporate Fundraising: Secure unrestricted and programmatic restricted grants and sponsorships from corporate donors. Assume the primary responsibility creating a donor-centric fundraising strategy for corporate donors to ensure the sustainability of Vital Voices and set us on the path to achieve our bold 2030 vision.
- Relationship: Develop partnerships with corporations to further VV’s mission and increase giving. Establish and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with VV’s board, program staff and key stakeholders to foster their involvement in identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding corporate prospects.
- Advisory: Co-create the strategic advisory revenue model that addresses Vital Voices increased role as global advisor on issues impacting women and girls.
- Fundraising: Manage all corporate partnerships and fundraising. Lead the success of large fundraising campaigns including cause marketing campaigns, employee giving campaigns, and special events to secure corporate funding to support Vital Voices programs and initiatives. Have primary responsibility for the development and execution of corporate proposals. Build a culture of optimism and commitment for setting and reaching fundraising goals with broader development team.
- Monitoring and Reporting: Monitor and report regularly on progress of the Vital Voices corporate fundraising efforts. Create annual reporting to provide analysis to board, senior leaders and other key stakeholders about Vital Voices corporate fundraising efforts.
- Talent Management: As part of department management, identify, recruit, and manage suitable candidates for program consultants and/or staff members. Actively participate in the hiring process. Serve as Team Lead for professional development and advancement.
- Leadership: Serve as a member of the Development Leadership team providing performance management, coaching, and support to Vital Voices' employees across cross-functional matrix teams.
- Communications: Oversee the creation of reports for corporate donors, one-pagers, concept notes, as well as other documents for development team and specific initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Innovative and Entrepreneurial mindset
- 8-10 years of experience in strategic partnership, business development, strategy development, or strategic sales
- Demonstrated success in building and managing relationships with corporate partners
- Ability to articulate a vision and build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills (written and verbal) including to CEO and Board level audiences
- Alignment with the Vital Voices Values
Who Should Apply:
- Principal Fundraiser
- Senior Director, Corporate Partnerships
- Director, Development
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. This position requires the ability to travel (varies depending on location) 20-40%. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/dtax
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
● Resume and cover letter
● Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.