Temporary Communications and Events Coordinator
Position Title: Temporary Communication and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Events
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Communications team seeks a temporary talented professional with strong writing, digital communications, event assistance and creative content production skills for the position of Temporary Communications and Events Coordinator. The Temporary Communications and Events Coordinator is a dynamic, entrepreneurial self-starter with keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment who is able to support Vital Voices’ events team as we take the organization to the next level. This position reports the Director of Events.
- Social Media Channels: Support Day to day activity on the Vital Voices social media channels including, but not limited to, proactive content drafting, planning and scheduling and reactive community management on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. (8 Hours per week)
- Content Creation: Leverage Adobe Creative Suite and Canva to create graphic content for Vital Voices and related efforts including, but not limited to, infographics, quote cards, social media tiles and graphics for website. (8 Hours per week)
- Communications Support for Organization: Work with Digital Communications Coordinator to ensure communications for the organization are provided and strategically implemented. Amplify organization efforts by preparing communications toolkits for programs to market their applications and work. Prepare the weekly internal newsletter for the organization. (8 hours per week)
- Cross Team Collaboration: Work closely with the team to execute the Communications team goals and plans. Provide support for annual and special fundraising events and activities. (4 Hours per week)
- Event Management (8 Hours per week)
- Assist with key stakeholders to develop the program content and schedule
- Managing contracts with vendors and securing related approvals
- Reserving venues, managing setup and breakdown of event spaces
- Coordinating on-line events
- Generating invitations and associated correspondence
- Maintaining event management records and contact lists
- Reconciling financial transactions associated with events
- Other related duties as assigned (4 Hours per week)
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience working in communications or events management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience in social media content drafting and platform management including on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn etc., and analytics tools to track social networking data, such as Hootsuite and Google Analytics
- Experience with social media publishing, scheduling and content drafting platforms like Hootsuite preferred
- Experience producing social media content and communications support for live events preferred
- Experience using common website content management systems such as WordPress
- Advanced computer literacy, including strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with event software including Splash, Canva, Zoom
- Experience with events, including award shows, panel discussions, book parties and galas
- Great sense of humor, flexibility, team player and multitasker
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices’ mission and values.
- Car may be required during peak season
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://vital-voices.jobsoid.c...
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.