SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR, LEADERSHIP & SOCIAL IMPACT
Position Title: Senior Program Coordinator, Leadership & Social Impact
Reports to: Director of Leadership & Social Impact
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership (www.vitalvoices.org) is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Leadership & Social Impact (LSI) team seeks a Senior Program Coordinator/Program Coordinator committed to women’s leadership and gender equality around the world. The coordinator will support the Director, LSI to design and implement leadership development programs with corporate partners. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with careful attention to detail and ability to implement programs, conduct research, support financial management, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure and a passion for Vital Voices’ work. The coordinator will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
- Program Management and Implementation: Support planning and implementation of programs and its activities to include carrying out a landscape analysis for corporate partners in their efforts to conduct leadership training; assist the Director, LSI with leadership training curriculum development and facilitation, draft reports, and work with network leaders and partners on a virtual speaker’s series;
- Administrative: Lead documentation of processes and procedures based on best practices; Liaise with the Finance team to prepare and process contracts, invoices, expense reports, and track program expenditures; Keep updated records used for monitoring and evaluation plans and reports; and manage necessary logistics for program participants
- Reporting: Assist in drafting programmatic reports to donors, including activity implementation and communications updates; document best practices and lessons learned; and provide reports for organization-wide M&E efforts.
- Financial Management: Assist with managing project budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Monitor projects’ financial status and recommend appropriate adjustments when necessary. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization, corporate partners, and external stakeholders
- Intern Management: Manage seasonal cohorts of 1-3 interns after conducting a comprehensive and timely hiring process for said interns. The Development Coordinator will guide interns through a comprehensive training and onboarding process with each cohort and proceed to assign them any development tasks from upper-level development staff. Schedule, plan, and lead weekly meetings to gauge their capacity and provide professional development opportunities and training.
- Other programmatic support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations or a related field plus 3-5 years of related work experience required, OR Graduate degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2-4 years of related work experience required;
- Experience working with corporate partners and/or familiarity with the private sector, preferred but not required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://vital-voices.jobsoid.c...
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
The Program Coordinator for LSI position is a full-time, exempt position based in the Washington, DC area. Domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other federal, state or local protected characteristic. Vital Voices does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.