Position Title: Operations Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Operations
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
As the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan continues to unfold, millions of women and families are in dire need of resources and assistance; Vital Voices is supporting communities by responding to critical needs through our programs and network of leaders in the Middle East. To build our capacity and outreach, we are seeking an Operations Assistant to support organization-wide administrative, finance, and human resources operations, including recruiting, onboarding, internal logistics, and reporting activities. The Operations Assistant will report to the Sr. Manager of Operations and support the People Operations, Finance & Administration, as well as Vital Voices internal teams to provide real-time support to our women and partners in the Middle East.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with careful attention to detail and ability to implement systems and logistics, conduct research and reporting, support financial management, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure and a passion for Vital Voices’ work. The Operations Assistant will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operations and Administrative Support: Utilize and document processes and procedures based on best practices, including maintaining digital systems (MS Office, SharePoint, etc.). Liaise with the cross-functional teams to prepare and process operations and program related communications, contracts, invoices, reports. Keep accurate, updated records used for organization-wide monitoring and evaluation plans and reports.
- Financial Management: Assist with managing budget reporting, update accounting documents and maintain expenditure tracking systems. Monitor project(s) financial status and recommend appropriate adjustments when necessary. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- People Operations/Human Resources: Collaborate with People Operations team and Hiring Managers to understand staffing strategy and role needs. Operate with a sense of urgency to manage high volume recruiting activities with a strong attention to detail to ensure both a consistent and timely candidate experience. Work cooperatively with cross-functional teams implementing staffing plans and activities.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders; communicate proactively and effectively with colleagues, candidates, and senior leadership across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience working in operations, recruitment, and/ or human resources management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with managing scheduling and candidate communication
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices’ mission and values
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
This position is a full-time, non-exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e7go
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.