Temporary Operations Assistant
Position Title: Temporary Operations Assistant
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Operations
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 60 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
As the humanitarian crisis in Afghanistan continues to unfold, millions of women and families are in dire need of resources and assistance; Vital Voices is supporting communities by responding to critical needs through our programs and network of leaders in the Middle East. To build our capacity and outreach, we are seeking a Operations Assistant to support organization-wide administrative, finance, and human resources operations, including recruiting, onboarding, internal logistics, and reporting activities. The Operations Assistant will report to the Sr. Manager of Operations and support the People Operations, Finance & Administration, as well as Vital Voices internal teams to provide real-time support to our women and partners in the Middle East.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with careful attention to detail and ability to implement systems and logistics, conduct research and reporting, support financial management, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure and a passion for Vital Voices’ work. The Operations Assistant will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operations and Administrative Support: Utilize and document processes and procedures based on best practices, including maintaining digital systems (MS Office, SharePoint, etc.). Liaise with the cross-functional teams to prepare and process operations and program related communications, contracts, invoices, reports. Keep accurate, updated records used for organization-wide monitoring and evaluation plans and reports.
- Financial Management: Assist with managing budget reporting, update accounting documents and maintain expenditure tracking systems. Monitor project(s) financial status and recommend appropriate adjustments when necessary. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- People Operations/Human Resources: Collaborate with People Operations team and Hiring Managers to understand staffing strategy and role needs. Operate with a sense of urgency to manage high volume recruiting activities with a strong attention to detail to ensure both a consistent and timely candidate experience. Work cooperatively with cross-functional teams implementing staffing plans and activities.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization and with external stakeholders; communicate proactively and effectively with colleagues, candidates, and senior leadership across the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-2 years of experience working in operations, recruitment, and/ or human resources management
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Experience with managing scheduling and candidate communication
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments with tight deadlines
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to learn
- Positive attitude and demonstrated commitment to Vital Voices’ mission and values
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes in difficult conditions, is necessary
How to Apply
Click the following link: https://vital-voices.jobsoid.c...
Applications must include the following to be considered for review:
- Resume and cover letter
- Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.