Position Title: Senior/Program Coordinator, Afghanistan Crisis Response
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, MENA
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC/remote
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong program implementation and case management skills for the position of Senior Program Coordinator with regional expertise in the Middle East, specifically Afghanistan.
The Program Coordinator will assist with evacuations and managing the lists involved with our Afghanistan Urgent Assistance Fund and Afghanistan Crisis Response Team, working closely with both Evacuations team and Logistics team. They will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the MENA Sr. Program Manager.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Case Management: Provide case management support for the Afghanistan Urgent Assistance Fund through coordination with internal stakeholders including the resettlement, development, health and wellness teams on the potential community partners and prospective sponsorship activities. Assist with compiling and managing manifests for evacuations, as well as manage ownerships of lists based on categories and accuracy. Build a database of all refugees for tracking purposes and record keeping, and conduct outreach to local refugee, asylee, and immigrant communities
- Regional Expertise: Apply regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners, especially from the MENA region.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations, technological support, participant tracking, and development of agendas, content, and materials for in-person and virtual events for international settings. Assist the operations team to ensure quality measures and program outcomes are executed successfully. Support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for Global Network & Regional Engagement team & Afghanistan Crisis Response matrix team.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of work experience REQUIRED;
- Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English;
- Experience living, working and/or studying in the MENA region preferred;
- Experience with database management and gender-based violence case management preferred;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce).
- This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e3p3
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.