Position Title: Budget and Financial Analyst
Reports to: Vice President, Finance and Operations
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Finance and Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a talented professional with expertise in budget and financial management, financial reporting, and analysis. The Budget and Financial Analyst who will play a key role working across the organization to lead its core budget processes, bolster the organization’s financial management capacity as well as provide critical technical financial support and leadership for its granting program.
The Budget and Financial Analyst will report directly to the Vice President of Finance and Operations and work collaboratively with members of the Finance, Operations and Peoples Ops team and across the organization. This position is based in Washington, DC though it’s remote through January 2022 due to the ongoing pandemic.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Budget Management: Lead annual organizational budget and periodic budget forecast processes; contribute as a member of multiple organizational matrix teams to support project and team leaders in budget development, management, and implementation; review monthly budget verses actual reports with project and team leaders and prepare as needed expense re-classes; support the development of proposal budgets with proposal team staff; prepare funder financial reports and support project and team leaders with any required variance explanations and/or project budget forecasting.
- Sub-grant Technical Support (Risk Assessment & Financial Oversight): Work closely with sub-grant managers to conduct financial capacity assessments in order to determine appropriate reporting and monitoring; work closely with sub-grant managers to ensure consistent application of award template and alignment with prime award agreement terms; provide final review of periodic financial reporting and convey any follow up inquiries to sub-grant managers; support sub-grant managers and provide as needed sub-grantee training in financial management of Vital Voices grant awards.
- Manage accounts payable: including review of weekly payment packages for completeness and accuracy and preparation of payments for processing. Work closely with third party payment processor and bank to manage and mitigate for any payment issues. Monitor and support W-9 collection and year-end 1099 issuance.
- Manage Vital Voices credit card program including card issuance, issue resolution, support, and review of monthly reconciliation reports to ensure compliance with the organization’s credit card policies and procedures.
- Work closely with Vice President of Finance and Operations and Senior Accountant to prepare select audit schedules and testing documents as needed.
- Recommend and implement improvements to processes and procedures, with a focus on budgeting, financial management, sub-grantee financial management, and payment management
- Provide ongoing training for staff on budget development, management, and forecasting in one-on-one and group settings
- Provide staff training on fiscal policies and procedures of the organization relevant to position
- Maintain, update, improve, and develop staff and grantee training materials, templates and instructions, and operating manual(s) relevant to position
- Perform financial analysis to include management level observations, trends, and predictions.
- Other duties as assigned including special projects
Supervisory Requirements: None
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field with a minimum of 6 - 7 years experience in budget and financial management, financial reporting, and analysis, ideally in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated experience with a range of PC platform applications, including Microsoft Office (advanced Excel skills preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with mid-sized accounting software and reporting package(s) (Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains, Management Reporter), strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in accounts payable / payment management, strongly preferred
- Experience with subaward financial oversight, including financial vetting, a plus
- Experience supporting annual financial audits preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Sound judgment, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to follow through on multiple projects / deadlines with minimal oversight
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment as a team player
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e6uo
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
- Salary expectations
- Resume and Cover Letter
- Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.