Position Title: Manager, Fundraising Operations
Reports to: Director, Strategic Partnerships & Engagement
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to working with women throughout the world to provide the support and tools they need to have a positive impact in their communities. Through mentoring programs, leadership trainings and individualized support, Vital Voices provides credibility, builds capacity and enhances connections for emerging and established women leaders internationally.
Vital Voices invests in women leaders who are solving the world’s toughest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying those with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. We scale and accelerate impact through long term investments to expand skills, connections, capacity, and visibility. Over the last 24 years, we have built a network of 18,000 change makers across 182 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the past few years, we have expanded our remote team with staff members living across the country and globally. In the next few years, we intend to expand our reach and scale our impact by growing our staff to meet the dynamic needs of our team and network women in this evolving landscape.
The Manager of Fundraising Operations is an internal, development operations expert of Vital Voices and should be a highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, patience under pressure, and a passion for Vital Voices’ work.
The Fundraising Operations Manager will report directly to the Director, Strategic Partnerships & Engagement and work collaboratively with members of the Development, Communications, and Programming teams, as well as across the organization. This position is based in Washington, DC though it’s remote through February 2022 due to the ongoing pandemic.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Develop and implement online fundraising strategy - inclusive of but not limited to monthly giving program and rewards, list acquisition efforts, digital advertising, SEO optimization, overall list health and data-driven testing strategy for digital marketing mix, staying abreast of current online giving trends to grow Vital Voices’ online giving program year-over-year
- Oversee the operations of the Vital Voices development team. Including moves management, donor portfolio management, building new systems as well as improving on existing ones.
- Serve as the lead for all CRM activities and operations.
- Oversee Mailchimp, Vital Voices mass communications tool.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of donor environment to identify donors most likely to fund future Vital Voices initiatives; use findings to contribute to development of regional and technical program development strategies
- Conduct extensive prospect research and compile into easily digestible donor profiles on high net-worth potential donors for the Vice President, Principal Gifts and Director, Strategic Partnerships & Engagement
- Coordinate actively with the Director in researching opportunities, building donors relationships, and positioning Vital Voices for future business.
- Create and manage gift pyramids to be used as ‘road map’ to meet goals
- Work with Vice President, Strategic Partnerships & Engagement and finance team to set restricted/programmatic giving priorities and goals
- Manage Strategic Partnerships & Engagement team budget, in coordination with Vice President, Strategic Partnerships and Engagement, to ensure organizational goals and objectives are met on time and under budget
- Serve as one of the Salesforce administrators for the organization, providing thought leadership and maintenance support on data and data architecture across the organization
- DE&I: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Requirements: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field strongly preferred with at least 2 years of non-profit, events, and development/fundraising experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and Power Point, required
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion, good judgment, and establish and maintain professional relationships with donors, board members, corporate and NGO partners, volunteers, and vendors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, required
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer and database management skills
- Demonstrated Experience with Salesforce or Similar CRM
- Experience with Mailchimp
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with grace under pressure in a fast paced-environment
- Ability to quickly grasp conceptual plans and implement them in a timely manner with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to respond flexibly and graciously to unanticipated requests and assignments
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e91e
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.