Position Title: Program Assistant, Global Network & Regional Engagement
Reports to: Senior Manager, MENA, Global Network & Regional Engagement
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, wholistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 18,000 change-makers across 182 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with strong administrative and programmatic support skills for the position of Program Assistant on the Global Network & Regional Engagement (GNRE) department, to support as a part of the Vital Voices team.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for overall tasks, deadlines, and urgent follow-ups for the Global Network and Regional Expertise team, working closely with the Vice President, Sr. Program Manager, and the Compliance Specialist. The Program Assistant’s primary responsibilities focus on logistical, administrative, and programmatic support for the GNRE team at Vital Voices. The Program Assistant works in close collaboration with the GNRE team to address any emerging crisis, including the Afghanistan Crisis Response. The Global Network & Regional Engagement Program Assistant reports directly to the Senior Manager, MENA.
They will work directly under the supervision and guidance of the Project lead and Vice President.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Administrative Assistance: Provide logistics, financial, and administrative support for the Global Network and Regional Engagement department including through virtual platforms. Duties can include, but are not limited to coordinating meetings, budget and finance, contract development, program logistics, and record maintenance.
· Program Support: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content, and materials. Support coordination with both internal and external stakeholders on various Voices Against Violence (VAV) projects and subawards.
· Regional Expertise: Apply regional expertise to manage cases referred by partners.
· Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for any and all GNRE programs.
· Research & Data: Assist with conducting regional research to inform decision-making and program outreach, as well as support analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
· DE&I: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 1-3 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, preferred.
· Strong demonstrated experience in global women’s issues and human rights, preferred.
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; additional languages a plus.
· Experience with database management REQUIRED.
· Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
· Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
· Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 10% may be required for the position.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the crisis response matrix team. Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/e9ci
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Salary expectations
· Resume and Cover Letter
· Three references with contact information
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
No phone calls or recruiters please.