Position Title: Program Coordinator, Europe and Eurasia, Global Network & Regional Engagement
Reports to: Program Manager, Urgent Assistance Fund, GNRE
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Program Coordinator will support programming in the Global Network & Regional Engagement (GNRE) Department, with a focus on projects involving the Europe and Eurasia region. This may include, but is not limited to, the Voices Against Violence Initiative, subawards directed at implementing projects designed to provide services to survivors of gender-based violence (GBV), and other programs in Europe and Eurasia. This position will also provide support for the monitoring and evaluation of programming in the GNRE Department. The Program Coordinator position requires advanced proficiency in Russian and demonstrated ability to collaborate with other teams departmentally and organizationally as needed. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Program Manager, UAF.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program Development and Implementation: Support program planning and execution, including logistical preparations and the development of the agenda, content and materials for events internationally and domestically. This also includes ongoing case management for a global urgent assistance program for survivors of GBV.
- Regional/Linguistic Expertise: Provide regional expertise on the Europe and Eurasia region, as well as linguistic expertise in Russian across GNRE programs. This includes but is not limited to outreach, case management, research, program design and other related activities.
- Monitoring & Evaluation: Support Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist in tasks related to program evaluation and data collection efforts, including the administration of surveys to program beneficiaries, data entry and data quality assurance.
- Reporting: Contribute to semi-annual reports to funders covering subject matter including monitoring and evaluation; activity implementation and communications updates; best practices and lessons learned identified; and program management updates.
- Contractor and Sub-Grantee Management: Manage sub-grantee and contractor agreements. This includes, but is not limited to reviewing proposals, contracts, budgets and program and financial reports.
- Financial Management: Draft program budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Identify and liaise with key stakeholders and partners. Maintain contact and relationships with organizations, individuals, and participants on VV’s behalf. Maintain database of program participants, experts, partners, and vendors.
- Communications: Create one-pagers, concept notes, other communications documents for GNRE programs.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field plus 2 – 4 years of work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in international relations or a related field, plus 1 – 3 years of work experience required.
- Advanced Russian language proficiency required
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and with multicultural leaders
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Grant management experience, including development of requests for proposals, and ability to effectively coordinate with sub-grantees
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail
- Experience living, working and/or studying in Europe and/or Eurasia region strongly preferred
- Experience providing GBV case management in the context of direct service provision strongly preferred
- Demonstrated strong interest in global women’s initiatives and rights, particularly gender-based violence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team is key
- Ability to prioritize tasks and swiftly shift priorities based on evolving situations
- Experience with database management and case management
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications, social networking tools, and database software (experience with Salesforce, Excel and survey software applications strongly preferred)
The GNRE Program Coordinator position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. Domestic and international travel up to 20% may be required.
The starting salary range for this position is $47,500 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Staff may experience secondary trauma due to exposure to descriptive and/or graphic gender-based violence content in their work on the urgent assistance program.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/eioi
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.