Position Title: Coordinator, Technology & Innovation
Reports to: Senior Manager, Technology & Innovation
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
The Technology & Innovation Department supports leaders to innovate through digital transformation. Our team leads internal and external efforts to integrate innovative technology into the way Vital Voices and our network members take on the world's greatest challenges. Our team is looking to hire a Coordinator to support in the development, implementation, and maintenance of our digital community and resources at Vital Voices. This includes our brand-new website, internal technology systems, and our newly launched Vital Voices Community Hub. The Tech & Innovation Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include fostering engagement on the Vital Voices Community Hub and working in close collaboration with team members across the organization through various matrix teams to support technology infrastructure and innovation. The Tech Coordinator will work directly with the Senior Manager of Technology & Innovation.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Community Hub (40%): Support the ongoing development of the Vital Voices Community Hub and building a thriving community.
- Implement engagement strategies and build relationships with network members to foster co-creation of content and community leadership.
- Create one-pagers, guidelines, training, and other communications documents for the Community Hub.
- Support users and staff with technical issues, tracking bugs and feedback to incorporate into product development plans.
- Assist with identifying, collecting, and analyzing metrics to build and improve Community Hub strategies.
- Oversee the Resources section of the Hub, curating and collecting assets for Hub users to access.
- Digital Headquarters & Website (25%): Support the development and management of our website and online events space by engaging with online participants, monitoring the livestream system and supporting website maintenance and training.
- Support Implementation of Technology Projects (25%): Work with Senior Manager and Senior Advisor to deploy new technology and revitalize current systems, including our intranet. This may include researching new technology, planning the system, administrative work to improve current systems, logistics for the Vital Voices Innovation Lab and creating training for users of the new technology.
- Department Operations (10%):
- Prepare and process procurement requests, contracts, invoices, payments, and support department budget management.
- Support team with the creation of department slide decks, proposals and other communications.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women, BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
- Experience in building online communities, network management or relationship building with diverse leaders is preferred
- Problem-solver, ready to brainstorm and creatively use technology to address challenges
- Experience providing technology support a plus, but not required
- Experience with WordPress a plus, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree in in computer science, technology, or a related field, plus 1-3 years of work experience REQUIRED.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. The starting salary range for this position is $59,635.73-$72,888.11 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/eohe
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.