Position Title: Program Coordinator, Leadership & Social Impact
Reports to: Director, Leadership & Social Impact
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are seeking a talented professional with experience leading and facilitating training workshops and sessions for diverse groups of people for the position of Program Coordinator. The Program Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include managing new fellowships and conducting leadership training for women leaders across the globe. The Program Coordinator works in close collaboration with the Leadership & Social Impact Team to best serve women leaders across the globe. The Program Coordinator works directly with the Director, Leadership & Social Impact.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Program Management and Implementation: Support planning and implementation of a new fellowship program and its activities which include leading the application and selection process, working in partnership with the Director, LSI to tailor existing leadership training curriculum for virtual and in-person trainings, develop new case studies to integrate into program, lead and facilitate virtual and in-person training sessions, draft reports, and support storytelling efforts;
- Administrative: Lead documentation of processes and procedures based on best practices; Liaise with the Finance team to prepare and process contracts, invoices, expense reports, and track program expenditures; Keep updated records used for monitoring and evaluation plans and reports; and manage necessary logistics for program participants
- Reporting: Draft programmatic reports to donors, including activity implementation and communications updates; document best practices and lessons learned; and provide reports for organization-wide M&E efforts.
- Financial Management: Assist with managing project budgets, update forecasts, and track project spending. Monitor projects’ financial status and recommend appropriate adjustments when necessary. Work with the Vital Voices Finance team to process invoices and expense reports.
- Relationship Management: Build and maintain positive relationships within the organization, Vital Voices Network leaders, corporate partners, and external stakeholders
- Intern Management: Manage seasonal cohorts of 1-3 interns after conducting a comprehensive and timely hiring process for said interns. The Program Coordinator will guide interns through a comprehensive training and onboarding process with each cohort and proceed to assign them any development tasks from team members. Schedule, plan, and lead weekly meetings to gauge their capacity and provide professional development opportunities and training.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations or a related field, plus 2 years of relevant work experience required, OR 4 years of equivalent work experience OR a combination of other tertiary qualifications plus 2 years of work experience (i.e. a professional certificate plus two years of work experience). REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated experience in global women’s issues, women’s leadership, and/or human rights.
- Experience with curriculum design and leading or facilitating training strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 15% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $59,635.73-$72,888.11 based on experience and ability to have a broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/eohi
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.