Position Title: Program Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Leadership & Social Impact
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 70 headquartered in Washington, DC. In the coming years we have a bold vision to dramatically scale our impact. In early 2022 we will be opening the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It will be a hub of activity, events and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Program Manager to help us build the Rising Voices portfolio.
Vital Voices: Join the Movement
Vital Voices is seeking a Program Manager to join the Vital Voices team. Reporting to the Vice-President of Leadership and Social Impact, the PM will be responsible for executing domestic and international programming and grants related to young women and girls’ leadership. This role will be responsible for executing the Voices that Inspire program and grants, the Rajendra Family Foundation Social Impact Fund, and other ad hoc grant opportunities as well as supporting the Rising Voices network of over 400 young leaders. Additionally, this position will support the Climate and Gender Justice Training in partnership with Women’s Earth Alliance to incorporate the youth perspective into the training. This position will supervise one employee at the Program Assistant level.
The Program Manager will work across a portfolio of projects alongside and learning from cross-functional teams with leaders and peers with varying backgrounds, education, and experiences.
- Program Management & Implementation:
- Manage all logistical and programmatic elements of a leadership training and mentoring initiative for college-aged women in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Manage online application and review processes associated with the initiative, including Fellow selection and Grantee selection.
- Manage program in close coordination with corporate partner.
- Co-lead the WEA/VV Design Team to create and implement a Climate and Gender Justice Training.
- Manage the application, selection process, and implementation of the Rajendra Family Foundation Social Impact Fund.
- Subaward Management: Manage subgrants, working closely with Finance Department to ensure proper compliance with sub-grant policies and procedures and managing reporting requirements.
- Strategic Planning: Provide strategic advice and insight for selected grantees, supporting their efforts to have a positive community impact and to grow as leaders. Serve as a member of the Leadership team providing performance management, coaching, and support to Vital Voices' employees across cross-functional matrix teams.
- Communications: Coordinate external communications for the program, including website updates, social media promotion, working directly with partners to ensure coordinating messaging. Evaluate and communicate program impact, creating surveys and other measurement tools as needed for reports and marketing materials.
- Relationship Building & Management: Build and maintain relationships with program alumnae and facilitate connections across alumnae network. Act as point-person for all mentors, participants, trainers, and interpreters for the implementation of the Voices that Inspire program. Work with external partners to highlight Rising Voices leaders in the network.
- Supervisory Services: Manage one staff person at the Program Assistant Level, and assign tasks and provide feedback and mentorship to team interns (3-4 per semester).
- Coalition Support: Represent Vital Voices on the Coalition for Adolescent Girls.
- DE&I Commitment: Model the Vital Voices commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to disrupt and evolve systems and behaviors that negatively impact women and BIPOC employees and network.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, or a related field, plus 4 years of work experience
- Advanced language proficiency in Spanish is REQUIRED;
- Intermediate language proficiency in Portuguese is REQUIRED;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English, Spanish, and Portuguese REQUIRED
- Experience working with minors REQUIRED
- Experience in working with networks a plus.
- Communications experience and social media experience a plus.
- Top-notch relationship management skills; able to build trust and maintain long-term relationships. Must be able to work professionally and effectively with high-level partners and sponsors who participate in the program.
- Technological savvy; facility with online application systems, web content management systems, expertise with Microsoft Office Suite, database management, Salesforce, WordPress, Survey Gizmo, and Mail chimp a plus.
- Events execution experience; previous experience organizing conferences, events, programs or trainings.
- Ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and to prioritize tasks.
- Experience working in complex projects, strong organizational and administrative skills with an innate attention to detail.
- Propensity to collaborate as part of a dynamic team while also able to self-start, take initiative and work independently.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team;
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self awareness;
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e. Salesforce);
This position is a full-time, exempt position. This position requires the ability to travel 10% of the time.
The starting salary range for this position is $78,564.77-$96,023.84 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Vital Voices does not provide work visa sponsorship or relocation assistance for this position.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/eri5
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.