Position Title: Talent Acquisition Specialist, People Operations
Reports to: Vice President, People Operations
Organization: Vital Voices Global Partnership
Position Location: Washington, DC
Vital Voices Global Partnership is a leading international non-profit organization. We invest in women leaders who are tackling the world’s greatest challenges – from gender-based violence to the climate crisis, economic inequities, and more. We are “venture catalysts,” identifying leaders with a daring vision for change and partnering with them to make that vision a reality. What sets Vital Voices apart is that we make long-term, holistic investments in leaders with bold ideas for change — providing them connections, capacity, a network of their peers, financial support, and visibility for their work. We have provided early support for leaders who went on to become Nobel Peace Laureates, US Youth Poet Laureates, Prime Ministers, award winning innovators and breakthrough social entrepreneurs. Over the past 24 years, we have directly invested in more than 20,000 change-makers across 184 countries, who in turn have improved the lives of millions of people in their communities and countries.
Today, Vital Voices has a staff of nearly 80 headquartered in Washington, DC. We’ve recently been working to dramatically scale our impact in accordance with our bold vision. In early 2022, we opened the first ever Global Headquarters for Women’s Leadership, a 30,000+ sq. ft. historic building just blocks from the White House on 16th Street. It is a hub of activity, events, and collaborations — bringing together women leaders and their allies to tackle the world’s greatest challenges.
Vital Voices is seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial recruiter to join our growing People Operations team. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for attracting candidates for roles across all of Vital Voices. As the search for talent becomes more competitive this role will play a critical role in ensuring we find and hire the right talent to catalyze our impact. The Specialist takes charge of day-to-day recruiting in a lean environment, but also has the ability to see the big picture and improve upon our process, structure, and strategy. Under the direction of the VP, People Operations the Specialist will serve as a thought leader across the organization to ensure our practices are reflective of best practices and emerging trends and to identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement with existing People Operations systems and processes. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the VP, People Operations.
Responsibilities: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Build relationships with Vital Voices network, institutions, and partners to cultivate and deepen recruitment partnerships to attract high-quality, diverse talent to Vital Voices.
- Partner with the VP, People Operations to build out the recruiting function from a strategic perspective
- Partner with the communications team to develop creative media content across existing Vital Voices social media platforms and ensure that social media activities are aligned with strategy
- Maximize sourcing channels, networks, social media, university relations, career fairs, diversity pools, other talent pools
- Demonstrate a proactive customer service approach, meeting face-to-face with hiring managers and candidates
- Attend and participate in job fairs, open houses, and website recruitment
- Manage logistics for interview days, including preparation of interview materials and Scheduling, and coordinating interviews for open positions
- Screen candidates to evaluate qualifications or eligibility based on role requirements and Vital Voices’ culture add
- Create and revise job announcements in collaboration with hiring manage
- Identify opportunities for outreach, and represent and promote Vital Voices through external events, tours, partnerships and other opportunities
- People Operations
- Serve as a back-up system administrator for transactional requests in Paylocity Vital Voices’ System (HRIS)
- Maintain all personnel files in compliance with federal, state, and audit guidelines in collaboration with People Operations Benefits Specialist
- Work with Finance and Ops Team to ensure a seamless recruiting and onboarding process for new hires including leading onboarding sessions with new hires
- Maintain all New Hire recruiting and onboarding spreadsheets in accordance with department policy
- Support Quarterly/Yearly analytical report of staff demographics and trends
- Support Yearly personnel file audits and ensuring all files are up-to-date
- Employee Relations
- Support the Vital Voices continuous improvement cycle, providing training to managers and employees around best practices related to recruitment and onboarding
- Complete background and reference checks for employment requests for new hires
- Facilitate employee exit interviews as needed
- DE&I Commitment: Embrace and Model the Vital Voices guiding principles, values, investment and leadership models with the goal of supporting Vital Voices organizational culture and successes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 2-4 years of relevant work experience required, OR Graduate degree, plus 1-3 years of work experience REQUIRED.
- 3-5 years of experience in progressively responsible recruiting roles minimum; technical and nonprofit recruitment experience preferred.
- Strong demonstrated interest in global women’s issues, gender equity, and human rights.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad, a plus.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with an emphasis on keen editing skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, swiftly shift priorities, and work in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines, sometimes under difficult or challenging circumstances.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and self-awareness.
- Strong computer skills including MS Office applications (esp. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), social networking tools, and database software (i.e., Salesforce).
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
This position is a full-time, exempt position based in Washington, DC. If and when it is safe to travel, domestic and international travel up to 20% may be required for the position.
The starting salary range for this position is $69,062-$84,409 based on experience and ability to have broad impact early. The compensation package includes comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO including wellness flex days, generous parental leave, sabbatical time, and volunteer leave as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, HSA, EAP, and a professional development stipend.
Vital Voices provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Vital Voices complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Vital Voices expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Vital Voices’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
How to Apply:
Click the following link: https://jobso.id/fnuk
Applications that do not include the following will not be considered for review:
· Resume and cover letter
· Salary expectations
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.